The jCOM1939 Monitor Software is the perfect tool to monitor, analyze, and simulate SAE J1939 data traffic. The system combines our jCOM.J1939.USB that functions as an SAE J1939 to USB (or UART) gateway.
A comprehensive and easy-to-use, easy-to-understand Windows software displays not only SAE J1939 data traffic; it also allows to scan the network, simulate an ECU (incl. full node address negotiation features), and respond to data request messages.
The communication protocol between the gateway and the host system (PC, Embedded System, Android System, etc.) is well documented, and we provide C/C# source code to read and write CAN data frames.
jCOM1939 Monitor – Check Your Current Version
Start your version of the jCOM1939 Monitor and check the version number in the window’s caption (top bar).
If your version is older than the one as documented in the gateway product description (bottom of the page), we strongly recommend to download and install the newest version as indicated below.
- V 1.02.00
- First release
- V 2.00.00
- Periodic messages are managed in gateway instead of Windows software
- Added application file functionality
- V 3.00.00
- Professional version release
- Replaced Windows control modules to eliminate screen flickering
- Optimized screen update timing
- V 3.01.00
- Added support for multiple instances of the program to allow connection of several gateways per PC
- Transport Protocol (TP) messages (data frames longer than 8 bytes) cannot be assigned a frequency anymore since that is not part of the J1939 standard
- Misc. memory optimizations
- Misc. speed optimizations
- V 3.01.01
- Debugging: Checksum and byte stuffing errors plus HW/SW version were only displayed after first heartbeat message
- V 3.10.00
- Added SAE J1939 Data Recording (new Recorder tab).
- V 3.10.01
- ACK messages are disabled at program start to reduce data traffic between the gateway and the PC.
- Previous versions allowed to enter a destination address (DA) for a Broadcast PGN, which was ignored but may confuse users. The program now displays a message and sets the DA to the global address 255.
- V 3.10.02
- Due to the previous software update, the PGN description on the data screen was suppressed.
- V 3.11.00
- The PGN data display has been extended to indicate whether the SAE J1939 data frame was received or transmitted.
- The software now adds the selected CAN baud rate (250/500k) to the application file.
- Resolved some application file saving issues.
- Added C-tech icon (so far we’ve used the Microsoft Visual Studio default).
For up-to-date information and to post questions, please log on to our forum at http://www.copperhilltechtalk.com/
jCOM1939 Monitor – Download
The jCOM1939 Monitor for Windows is free software; you can redistribute it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License or (at your option) any later version. The program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. With downloading these programs, you confirm that you have read and agree with these terms and conditions.
After downloading the installation program, run the .exe program and follow the instructions on the screen to install the program. This is a standard installation program for Windows; there are no special actions or settings necessary.
Note: When you upgrade from Version 2.x to 3.x (Pro Version), please be aware that the 2.x version will not be replaced. Consequently, you need to uninstall the 2.x version manually. The 3.x version contains some fundamentally different control modules that are not compatible with the 2.x version, thus we had to create a separate program.